5/27/2005

NotePad V5

(NOTE: I mispelled it as NotePad, and except in the "title"s have corrected it to NoteTab, Sorry, My Bad)

I like NoteTab, and as it has been over a year and a half since it has been upgraded, I am starting this Blog entry to allow the status of the upgrade to be posted and, if appropriate, Feature enhancements to be suggested.

Status:
My post to the mailing list asked for an update on the current status and suggested that we offer to help pay for a new version with specific features. Please feel free to add your suggestions to this Blog, or to NoteTab yahoo group. I will update this posting as I get more information or if it seems "reasonable" to start collecting a list of the Feature requests

Enhancements:
  • Customizable syntax highlighting -- ron_riche
  • Tree view outlines -- ron_riche
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts -- ron_riche
  • Shortcuts to clips -- ron_riche
  • Blocking/columnar selecting -- ron_riche
  • Make line numbers paragraph numbers when word wrap
    is on -- ron_riche [pet]
  • Make 'scroll past end of line' buffer dependent -- ron_riche [pet]
  • $10 -- Allow the Replacement window to be "hidden" by the Main window -- mll
  • $10 -- Click on a blank area in the tabs bar to open a new text area NoName... -- mll
  • $10 -- Retain the "Regular Expression" and "All" setting in the replacement dialog between activations -- mll

Also see:



Unrelated Links:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd suggest looking at InSight as an enhancement to NoteTab.