"OpenCourseWare" Online Education. (Wikipedia) Open Source Education
... Online Universities: Why They Still Don't Measure Up, Cormac Foster November 9th, 2012
- Online universities like the University of Phoenix, Kaplan University, AIU, and Ashford are fully accredited, and thanks to heavy marketing pushes, they're becoming household names
- The most common, most quantifiable criticisms lobbed at online universities concern lackluster graduation rates, test scores and post-graduation employment statistics.
- [E]ven Harvard was already offering blended learning degrees,
3 Free Online Universities To Help You Get By Without A Degree (MakeUseOf.com):
No Excuse List, University of Reddit, University Of The People,
- Computer Science E-1 Understanding Computers and the Internet (Harvard)
- CourseRa a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
- Khan Academy: is an organization on a mission. We're a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere.
- "MIT OpenCourseWare is developing a set of courses called Scholar, which are designed for self-learners. We recently published 6.00 (or Introduction to Computer Science and Programming in normal speak). There are lecture videos, recitation videos, handouts, slides, code files, homework assignments (with sample solutions), and even an explanation on how to set up Python on your computer.
- No Excuse Lists: The best place on the web to learn anything, free. (links)
- The Physics Textbook: Motion mountain.
- Texbook Revolution: the web’s source for free educational materials.
- University of Reddit is the product of free intellectualism and is a haven for the sharing of knowledge. Teachers and students are free to explore any subject that interests them
- University of the People (UoPeople.Org) is the first tuition-free online university and is backed by United Nations Global Alliance for Information and Communication Technology and Development (GAID). UoPeople is non-profit organization and aims to provide higher eduction to people in all countries regardless of their financial means and geographical location.
- BitTorrent is an easy-to-use implementation capable of swarming downloads across unreliable networks.
- Post blog/RSS Remix Use washingtonpost.com RSS feeds to experiment with different applications using washingtonpost.com
- Watts Up Power meter
- Wolfram tunes